I don’t know about you, but envy those who have beautiful long bold lashes naturally. I go through great measures to make mine appear thicker and longer and I have tried so many tips and tricks out there that people claim work (but do not on me). I know there are special mascaras out there, but I don’t like the price tag on some of those. One product that I will spend money on though is Lilash. It is a serum that your sweep over your lash line each day. This is the only product that has ever worked for me, but if you guys aren’t ready to invest in a serum or product, here are tips that work instantly.
1. Heat your eyelash curler up with a blow dryer- not too hot, you don’t want to scorch your eye. You wouldn’t curl your hair with a cold iron, so why try to curl your lashes.
2. Baby Powder- my favorite way! Put one coat of mascara on and then dip your finger in some baby powder and rub on your wet lashes. You will look a little scary with white coated lashes but then put another coat of mascara on top of it. It will thicken your lashes and make them appear huge.
3. Apply your mascara correctly- shake the brush at the base of your eyelashes. Give it a little wiggle to coat generously and then finish brushing it up. Wiggling at the base will coat the base making your lash line appear bigger and your eyelashes longer and bolder.
4. Try a different brush. I have tried nearly every kind of maybelline and cover girl mascara out there and they were only mediocre. I discovered it was the brush. I found a brush head I absolutely loved and just dip it into the formula. It works out so well and makes the world of difference.
5. Eyeliner- make sure your eyeliner is as close to the base of the upper lid as possible. Also another way to make your eyes pop is by only applying liner to half the bottom last. Start at the outer corner and line until halfway. Your eyes will instantly pop and create a bolder look.
There you have it, tips and tricks for eyes that actually work!
Emily’s Pick- I absolutely love to shop! Especially this time of year because there are so many sales going on. I love boutiques, but here in Utah, it seems everyone shops from the same ones so I try to avoid … Continue reading →
For our girls camp this year we made our own mugs. It was super easy and everyone was able to make their own unique. I ended up making mine for my new apartment for my husband. These are also great … Continue reading →
Whether you are just moving out or just like to see what others love this is the perfect post for you! I have experienced the student life moving out for the first time and being frazzled with what you need … Continue reading →
This recipe is mind blowing good and it is not even a real recipe. We made this for Karli’s bridal shower as a topping for the crepes and it was amazing. It was so delicious that I would have eaten … Continue reading →
I’ve been posting about girls camp the last few weeks and although not everyone needs help with girls camp, I know as a girls camp director I’ve searched all over Pinterest for the best ideas. This post is here to … Continue reading →
Emily’s pick- I don’t really like to wear heavy foundation especially during the summer because I feel like my face melts off, however I do still like a little coverage and found that MAC face powder does the trick. I … Continue reading →
I was in charge of girls camp for my ward (church congregation) this summer and one of the activities I planned for us was Minute To Win It Games. We ended up participating in so many other activities that we … Continue reading →
As you know we threw Karli’s Bridal Shower recently. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed getting to celebrate Karli. The key to any great party is the food and we knew that we wanted to have … Continue reading →
When I first started school a few years ago I bought all of my textbooks from the bookstore. If only knew how much money I could have saved in that first year. I wish someone would have given me some tips … Continue reading →